The Byars Southwest Copper Mine is near Byars, Oklahoma. Historically the site has been part of the Byars Area. The site was first discovered in 1850 by Bob Jones, Black Beaver. The Byars Southwest Copper Mine was closed at the time of data entry with no known plans to re-open. Past operations took place from 1850 to 1913 to irregular.